We are recruiting for an ambitious and enthusiastic Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. If you are an experienced Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant, or feel you have the relevant skills for the role, please email Rachael Young at email@example.com enclosing your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are applying for the role, why you'd like to work for Gelbergs and what separates you from other candidates. Please note we will not consider applications without a detailed cover letter and CV.
Who we are
Established for over 50 years, we have sat in the heart of the Islington community and strive to be involved, be current and work to an exceptional standard. Gelbergs has six Partners, who head up our main departments; Wills & Probate, Employment, Family & Litigation, Residential and Commercial Property. We employ experienced, professional specialist solicitors, legal executives, paralegals and exemplary support staff. We have a second office for our Employment Team, just 5 minutes’ walk away.
At Gelbergs, we pride ourselves on our customer care; always putting the needs of our clients above all else. As Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for our valued existing and potential new clients. You will need to be articulate, have an excellent, professional telephone manner, be polite and welcoming, a thorough understanding of general office equipment, and a great respect for client confidentiality. You will be required to perform general clerical duties, answer incoming calls, manage and book appointments, liaise with our second office with regard to appointments, post and office supplies. You will need a high working proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word. You may also be asked to assist with case file management, assist in the creation and filing of court/tribunal documents and complete other general office duties, in a timely manner. You will be punctual, professional and reliable and have a great respect for the firm’s policies and procedures. Previous experience in a Law firm or other professional service industry would be advantageous.
Main duties include:
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, and generally communicate in person and on the telephone in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer the telephone and deal with initial enquiries to the office, routing these to the appropriate fee earner/department
- Filing, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the office procedures
- Ensuring the accurate recording and archiving of client files in accordance with the office procedures and client management software (training will be provided)
- Accept incoming post including checking and signing for any recorded/special deliveries, and ensuring that the mail is given immediately to a partner in accordance with the office procedures
- Deal with outgoing post on a daily basis (both DX and Royal Mail), ensuring that correct postage is put on all Royal Mail correspondence, that postage stamps are kept securely and that an accurate record is kept of all outgoing mail
- Taking all post to the letterbox and/or DX exchange box as appropriate
- Take cash and cheques to the bank on a daily basis
- Photocopying, faxing, scanning, emailing
- Take documents from clients including verifying and copying ID documents
- Prepare bundles of documents when necessary
- Occasionally hand-deliver documents when necessary
- Prepare other documents and materials as directed
- Make appointments and arrange meetings
- Prepare the conference room for meetings, provide refreshments, tidy and clear the room afterward
- Occasionally prepare correspondence and other documents through word processing
- Occasionally participate in the firm’s marketing activities
- Provide support to other staff as required, and undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- Undertake any specific training, including formal training when required and overall to have a responsibility for self-development
- Ensure the confidentiality of the firm’s and clients’ information and documentation
- Comply with office procedures and policies
- Ability to work independently and to support team members
· Dealing with clients in a professional and polite manner : 1 year
· Receptionist: 1 year
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, both on the telephone and in person: 1 year
· Professional Services: 1 year
Situated within Zone 2, on Upper Street, Islington, we are very close to Angel and Highbury and Islington Stations. Office Hours are 9:30 to 5:30.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter detailing why you want to work for Gelbergs to Rachael Young firstname.lastname@example.org. CV's without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Published 1 March 2017